Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Blanco TX

Started off this morning to Dripping Springs to see the Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve.   The pool is a quarter mile down a trail of very rocky, rough and with a steep incline.   I knew I wasn't going to be able to go down.   Norm said it was amazing and just as the online photos depicted. I agree.   The photos he took are amazing! 

Dripping Springs is considered the start of the hill country so we spent alot of time driving around until we decided to stop here for the night.  It is very definitely hill country,  although the hills are small, and we could not have imagined that Texas could look like this!

Looking at booking.com they mentioned some riverside cottages that looked quite charming so we checked them out and decided to stay for the night.  So cute,  right beside Blanco State Park.

Hamilton Pool
Hamilton pool
This is Texas hill country
Our Blanco Riverside Cottage
Across the street from the cottage,  Blanco State Park
Couldn't resist one more photo of Hamilton Pool

2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing
    Beautiful pics. NORMAN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had to look up where Blanco was. Deeeeeep in the Hill Country. It's the best of Texas

    ReplyDelete